Zoom workshops created in Continu can automatically track attendance for your users, as well as save recordings of the workshop the learner can view at any time after the workshop is completed.
Zoom will automatically take attendance for users, but the Host must ensure their Zoom account is set to automatically record videos, or the recording will not be saved.
Follow the instructions below to enable your zoom recording settings, and for instructions on setting up your workshops to record and take attendance.
Enable Zoom Recording Settings
Hosts can enable their Zoom automatic recordings in the Zoom Settings.
- Log in to Zoom and navigate to the settings Menu
- Choose the Recording option from the top of the settings menu
- Find the Automatic Recording setting and ensure it is enabled. Record your meetings to the cloud to allow for the Continu - Zoom integration to find and save the videos.
Please note - This setting must be enabled for the Host. If you are unable to enable this setting, please reach out to your internal IT team for assistance.
Set Up Workshops To Record and Take Attendance
- When Adding Dates to your workshop, select the Online location, and toggle the Zoom switch on.
- To record the workshop, toggle the Record My Zoom Meeting switch on.
- If you want to automatically take attendance, the attendee must be signed into Zoom with a Zoom account that shares the exact email as their Continu account. Toggle on the Require Participant Login switch to ensure all attendees log in with a Zoom account.
Do note that if your Zoom account does not allow for recording, the settings may not save properly at this step.
No user attendance was taken
If no attendance was taken, first check how long it has been since the meeting ended. Zoom will usually provide attendance within about an hour of the end of the meeting, but it can take longer. If the attendance is not updated within 24 hours, first check your recording.