To capture audio and video for Video Coaching purposes requires access to the user's microphone and webcam.
On most browsers, the first time you visit a site that requires video and microphone access a notification will pop up allowing you to allow or block the permission. To manually set permissions, follow the steps below.
Note: If unable to access your browser's settings, please contact your IT administrator.
- Open Chrome .
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
- Click Camera or Microphone.
- Turn on or off Ask before accessing.
- Review your blocked and allowed sites.
- To remove an existing exception or permission: To the right of the site, click Delete .
- To allow a site that you already blocked: Under "Blocked," select the site's name and change the camera or microphone permission to "Allow."
- In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click Firefox and select Preferences.
- Click Privacy & Security from the left menu.
- Scroll down to the Permissions section.
- Click the
Firefox displays the websites with saved Allow or Block permission.
button for the Camera/Microphone option.
- Use the Allow/Block selector to change permission for the website. You can remove the site by selecting it from the list and clicking the .
- Select the checkbox if you do not want to give any other sites access to your camera.
- Click the button.
- Open Safari Preferences.
- Navigate to Websites.
- Go to Camera and Microphone tabs.
- Change access to Allow.
- Restart Safari.
- Select the lock icon located near the right side of your search bar.
- Select the drop-down menu next to camera and microphone.
- Change the camera and microphone access to Allow.
- Refresh the browser tab (CTRL + R).